I think you should get to know what she/he thinks, because you never know what kind of person she/he is before you ask her/him. By asking some realistic questions, you can know if you have found the one.
These are the classic 15 questions reported by the New York Times.
Relationship experts report that too many couples fail to
ask each other critical questions before marrying. Here are a few key ones
that couples should consider asking:
1) Have we discussed whether or not to have children, and
if the answer is yes, who is going to be the primary care giver?
2) Do we have a clear idea of each other’s financial
obligations and goals, and do our ideas about spending and saving mesh?
3) Have we discussed our expectations for how the household
will be maintained, and are we in agreement on who will manage the chores?
4) Have we fully disclosed our health histories, both
physical and mental?
5) Is my partner affectionate to the degree that I expect?
6) Can we comfortably and openly discuss our sexual needs,
preferences and fears?
7) Will there be a television in the bedroom?
8) Do we truly listen to each other and fairly consider one
another’s ideas and complaints?
9) Have we reached a clear understanding of each other’s
spiritual beliefs and needs, and have we discussed when and how our children
will be exposed to religious/moral education?
10) Do we like and respect each other’s friends?
11) Do we value and respect each other’s parents, and is either
of us concerned about whether the parents will interfere with the relationship?
12) What does my family do that annoys you?
13) Are there some things that you and I are NOT prepared
to give up in the marriage?
14) If one of us were to be offered a career opportunity in
a location far from the other’s family, are we prepared to move?
15) Does each of us feel fully confident in the other’s
commitment to the marriage and believe that the bond can survive whatever
challenges we may face?
In addition, it doesn’t matter whether you can agree on these 15
questions. What matters is whether that person is willing to discuss these 15
questions with you.